About Teresa Merelman
Teresa Merelman, ABR, CRS, e-PRO, SRES, RSPS, GREEN - Your Stowe, Vermont Area Professional!
The Personal Side
My beginnings were at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. I was child #5 of 8 and born into an Air Force family. We moved all over the United States but usually ended up back in the Washington, D.C. area. I attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and received my bachelors degree in business from George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
Some of my prior careers include: computer buyer in Fairfax, Virginia; Deputy Clerk at the U.S. District Court in Denver, Colorado; Police Officer in Steamboat Springs, Colorado; and Bed & Breakfast owner in Stowe, Vermont.
My husband, a local attorney, and I moved to Stowe in 1987. We have since had two boys. Stowe has been our home for the past 26 years - I guess I am finally home!
The Stowe area is a wonderful place to raise a family. There's always something going on. It's your choice on how involved you wish to become as a member of this community.
Some of the volunteer projects I have been involved in are:
- Community Building of the Playground
- For Arts Sake/A Taste of Stowe
- Stowe Fireworks/Community Picnic
- Lamoille County All-Star Baseball
The Professional Side
I obtained my license as a Realtor® in 1998 and became affiliated with Pall Spera Company Realtors®. In April, 2008 I moved my license to Stowe Realty. I have been through many ups and downs in this profession and continue to learn every day. I enjoy the real estate profession. I have met some great people and have the opportunity to see all types of properties in many areas. It is truly a challenge to find the right match for my clients.
In order to service you better, I continually attend classes and seminars. I also have been and continue to be involved in local real estate boards.
- ABR - Accredited Buyer Representative (2003)
- CBR - Certified Buyer Representative (2000)
- e-PRO - Internet Certified Professional (2001)
- CNHS - Certified New Home Specialist (2005)
- CRS - Certified Residential Specialist (2005)
- AHS - Accredited Home-Stager Specialist (2008)
- TRC - Transaction Referral Certification (2009)
- RSPS - Resort and Second Home Specialist (2009)
- GREEN - NAR's Green Designation (2009)
- SFR - Short Sales & Foreclosures Certification (2009)
- SRES - Senior Real Estate Specialist (2012)
- This Mold House
- Home Construction and Inspections
- State Permit Process
- Vermont Housing Finance Agency Financing Options
- Fair Housing and Tax Issues
- 1031 Exchanges
- Basement Solutions
- Short Sales and Foreclosures
- Lead Based Paint Regulations
- National Association of Realtors® - Member
- Vermont Association of Realtors® - Member
- 2002 - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors® - Director
- 2003 - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors® - Treasurer
- 2004 - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors® - Vice President
- 2003/2004 - Vermont Real Estate Information Network (MLS), Board of Directors for Lamoille County
- 2003/2004 - MLS Software Evaluation Committee
- 2004 - Realtor® of the Year - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2005 - President, Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2005/2006/2007/2008 - Advisory Council, Vermont Real Estate Information Network
- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009 - VAR Real Estate Commission Liaison Committee
- 2005/2006 - VAR Ad Hoc Committee - Statewide MLS Committee
- 2006/2007 - Board of Directors - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2006/2007/2008/2009 - Board of Directors - Vermont Association of Realtors®
- 2006/2007/2008/2009 - Executive Finance Committee - Vermont Association of Realtors®
- 2006 - Realtor® of the Year - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2007 - Realtor® of the Year - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2007 - Realtor® of the Year - State of Vermont
- 2008/2009 - Chair, VREIN Compliance Committee
- 2008/2009/2010 - VREIN Board of Directors (MLS System)
- 2009/2010 - Chair, Education Committee - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2010/2011/2012/2013 - NNEREN Board of Directors (MLS System), Shareholder
- 2010 - VAR Bylaws Committee Member
- 2010 - Realtor® of the Year - Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
- 2011/2012/2013 - Chair - VAR Real Estate Commission Liaison Committee
Sworn in as President of the Lamoille Area Board of Realtors®
Sam - Winter of 2001
Andrew solos glider on his 14th birthday!
Andrew and Sam